Saturday, October 27, 2012

CHARLESTON MORNINGS

film photos from my last trip to Charleston in August.

Charleston really is one of my favorite cities in the south. Many things about that magical moss covered town pull at my heart, but especially the morning time. Before the heat rises and the humidity sets in, there is a window of time in the early AM when few are out. The white washed town is bathed in blue light and the old moss covered trees look even sleepier than usual. You'll hear a bicycle bell, a creaky old front porch screen door opening, or sometimes horse hoofs on the cobblestone, yet each of these sounds holds their own in the calm. The wonder of walking all through the streets of a city before it wakes. 

We are headed back to Charleston this weekend to visit with friends and attend the south's first Kinfolk dinner. I couldn't be happier to get back to the low country for this occasion. 

10 comments:

  1. this looks like such a cute town. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh these are such pretty pictures. very inspiring to wipe the dust off of my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness. I just scrolled through your first post looking at the pictures, which are so wonderful, and reading the beautiful description. I can tell that I love your blog already! I'm excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely pictures. Glad to have found your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could get lost in your photos for days. So dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never been to Charleston but you make me want to go. i love the photos so warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am maddly deeply in love wiyh your photography.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. have always heard such beautiful things about charleston. also my painting studio in williamsburg is right next to kinfolk studios!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i really need to visit charleston. the south is so appealing to me. my grandpa fly is from tennessee. i really just need to go there ! :)

    ReplyDelete